Saturday, February 7, 2009

Home Improvement

I have been working on a few different projects around the house, and they have made a HUGE difference in the atmosphere. Our house is getting homier (sp?) with each addition and we love it!
First, I had all last weekend off of work, so my mom and I went out and got curtains for the kitchen and our bedroom. They add so much to each room I love it! Next project for our room is painting the blinding white walls, and getting actual night stands, rather than using our tv trays! :)

This picture is kinda dark, but it's our kitchen...

While I was out with my mom, we stopped by Goodwill, and found this entertainment center that we could touch up, because the wall that our tv was on was way too big for our little tv. The best part about it... it was only 20 BONES!


before...

My sweet mom was willing the spend the day with me painting our family room. It looks a million times better! Jake didn't know we were doing it, so it was a fun surprise! Here is after the walls are painted and the entertainment center is decorated..

I also need a bragging moment.... Jake came home from school with these in his hands.. I have the best husband ever!

8 comments:

Corey and Bridgette said...

I'm trying not to get jealous of the fact that you get to live in mesa, by your mom, AND have a fire place! haha just kidding i love what you've done with the place! very classy! :)

Stu and Alyssa said...

K whatever your house is looking so cute and I love the way your table and cheat chairs turned out! Everything in your house looks great and Jake is so sweet! I love you two together!

Brian and Brianna said...

I just have to tell you how cute your house is! It's quite a process getting a house to be a home, but you are doing a great job! Everything looks so cute :)

Ashley said...

look at you, you little home maker! your house looks fabulous! and jake is such a good little husband!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Your house looks so cute! And so do your new bangs!!

Nelson Family said...

I love what you have done to make your house a home...darling. You look so happy!

Drew and Megan said...

Your house looks really good and my husband and i watched fireproof and it was really good

Brooke said...

Your house is adorable! Do you have a pool? If so, you're so lucky!