Wednesday, August 5, 2009

JULY..

I know this post is WAY past due, but I have a ton of pictures from the month of July, and it was pretty much the only month out of the summer that we were able to do fun things! Be prepared this is going to be long, and have LOTS of pictures! :)... Here we go...

For the 4th of July, Jake and I went up to Showlow to spend time with his family. If you haven't spent the 4th in a small town, you have to! It is so much fun, and the parades are always a big hit. We went to the parade that started at 9 and ended at 11!... ya I think they had to get every Showlow resident to fill that parade.



Next, my mom got us tickets to go see Wicked, which was amazing as always! I absoluetly LOVE going to broadways. I grew up going to them often! Jake was kinda reluctant to go, but he loved it! We went with a huge group of family friends from my mom's ward, which I still consider MY ward.. and I think I always will. We tried to take a picture with the stage in the background, until the camera natzi came running down our row telling is that "she doesn't want to have to take away my camera". Haha I wonder how much she gets paid..


Middle of July was the long-awaited Mema and Bapa camping trip! Every summer my grandparents take all of us grandkids camping, and this was the first year since before Hudson left on his mission that we were all able to be there at once! Now that 4 of us are married, it made for a big group, but it was SOO fun! We just hop on all of the quads, pack a lunch, and go on an all day ride! I love my cousins and Mema and Bapa! We found this cave that you crawl into, which looks tiny from the outside, but once you get in it opens up to a huge cave, and it was probably 20 degrees cooler. There were little tunnels that branched off the cave, and we went and explored! Of course it was pitch black inside, but the flash of my camera lit up the whole area!









4 comments:

Trevor and Whitley said...

I like the last picture. I miss that view of Jake. I hope that's not weird...

Unknown said...

Haha I love your I'm Proud to be an American shirt!!!! :) Looks fun! I miss you Kalli Rae!

The Reidheads said...

Kallie!! I just wanted to tell you that your musical number in sacrament meeting today was absolutely AMAZING!! I loved it and definitely felt the Spirit! I got to your blog through my daughter's blog...hope you don't mind :-) We are fortunate to have you in our ward!!

The Ledbetter's said...

finally!!!! can we talk about the giraffe tree picture! i thought everyone was supposed to be spooning but i seem to be the only one spooning Jake!!