Saturday, February 28, 2009

Excuse me??

So last night my parents took Jake and I out to dinner for my birthday. We went to Cantina Leredo, and if you haven't been there you HAVE to! It's the best mexican food ever! Anyway.. afterward we were walking around the San Tan mall, and decided to stop in the pet store, because I'm super puppy hungry, and that's the only puppy fix I can get for now! (besides having Jake's parents dog Oscar have sleepovers with us!:) So next to all the little signs telling what each breed of dog they are it says "Ask to hold me". My dad already had one in his hands and I wanted to hold the cutest one ever! So I asked the lady who was helping my dad, "Can I hold this puppy?" She looked at me for a sec, then with a sorry look on her face said, "I'm sorry, you have to be 18..." I was like EXCUSE ME??? I'm 20.. thank you.. good bye... haha I was so bugged the rest of the night! That hasn't happened now for like a year, and here I am, with my HUSBAND, and she's probably thinking he's my babysitter! Bleh! Haha whatever... My family sure got a kick out of it.. it's not funny to me anymore....

7 comments:

Drew and Megan said...

Thats funny it is cause you look so young

Nelson Family said...

That's way funny (when it's someone else). When Jim and I were first married we were asked to chaperone a youth dance (not single adults...a youth dance). When we walked in we were stopped by some other adult chaperones asking us for our dance cards. They didn't believe us for quite a while, until someone from our stake knew we really were old enough to chaperone! :) It has been a good story to tell. Another story that is similar...Johnny and Jamie were asked to be a Pa & Ma for the Stake Trek and if you remember you had to get your meals with your family (which meant your Pa & Ma too). So they were in line with their "kids" and some leaders said "you need to be in line with your Ma & Pa". When Jamie told them they were a Ma & Pa they wouldn't believe them until Kerry Mortensen came over & reassured them that they really were a Pa & Ma! :)

Brian and Brianna said...

Having a puppy is so fun! I loved how you said you're puppy hungry, cuz I was totally that way too! So I convinced my hubs to get one :) Thanks for your sweet comment to, it stinks you had to go through that too, but makes me feel better that I'm not alone!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Oh do not fret Kalli. I get that on a daily basis usually im 17 though. The most recent was on the plane I went to go sit down in the emergency exit isle and the lady stopped me and said I had to be 18. Just think of this way when were 80 were gonna look ages younger :)

Corey and Bridgette said...

HA HA HA HA!!! thats awesome. yay for being married and puppy hungry! haha

Trevor and Whitley said...

Haha... that's funny. That's all I have to say...

JG said...

That is actually really funny! :0 Sorry! So about Thailand, I recall it almost weekly. Especially when it was winter I was remembering the cold showers in December!!! Good times!